We hope you find our site useful and helpful and we trust that you feel right at home. If you are searching for a church home, we would like you to know there is a special place at Apopka Calvary Nazarene just for you.
What is the Church of the Nazarene?
The Church of the Nazarene is a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan tradition, tracing its roots to an anniversary date of 1908. It was founded to spread the message of Christlike living across the land. Today, the Church of the Nazarene is located in 151 world areas. The Church of the Nazarene is a Great Commission church. We believe that God offers everyone forgiveness, peace, joy, purpose, love, meaning in life, and the promise of heaven when life is over by entering and experiencing a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We are called to take this message to people everywhere.
Apopka Calvary Church of the Nazarene was established in 1974.
- We believe God is in Control
- We Believe Jesus Loves Us
- We Believe The Holy Spirit Empowers Us
Core Message: God loves you and accepts you and has the power to change your life.
Mission Statement: To go Across the Aisle, Across the Street, and Across the Sea reaching people for God by demonstrating the love and life-changing power of God.
Core Values, Jesus Christ is at the Heart of everything we do:
- Value 1. Dedicated to Spiritual Growth
Cultivation of a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
Participation in the study of the Bible and prayer.
Involvement in a mentoring group.
- Value 2. Demonstrating Our Love for God
Weekly corporate worship.
Serving God and serving others.
Giving of time and talents.
Caring for the hurting.
- Value 3. Developing Authentinc Relationships
Treating everyone with dignity and respect.
Being & holding others accountable.
Accepting others unconditionally.
Maintaining integrity and trust.
- Value 4. Determined to Reach Others
Praying for the lost.
Able to share personal testimony.
Involvement in ministry.
Agreed Statement of Belief
- We believe in one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.